New Age Meats is a Berkeley-based cultivated meat company.
We create delicious meat made from animal cells instead of animal slaughter — healthier for humans, animals, and the Earth.
We need people to help combine cell biology with plant based ingredients to create delicious food for the world to eat. You will work alongside others in a food research lab and kitchen, helping to create and bring a food product to market. You will move into pure technological whitespace and shape the future of food and health by addressing humanity’s biggest challenges. Ideally, you will be able to apply general analytical and problem solving skills to food systems.
- Creating new food products from food ingredients
- Treating foods and their ingredients as matter with measurable properties
- Treating flavor creation and definition as a result of chemical reactions during cooking
- Researching literature and prior art to aid in solving new problems
- Use of lab instrumentation like texture analyzer, rheometer, moisture analyzer, etc.
- Working in a professional kitchen environment: handwashing, knife safety, dishes, etc.
- Iterating recipes using spreadsheets and electronic systems
- Analyzing/interpreting data, including design of experiments and procedural optimization
- Producing food for sensory, perception, and general evaluation
- Coordinating external lab tests
- Maintaining a food-safe working environment: wiping down surfaces, sanitizing surfaces and utensils, proper refrigeration and storage, etc.
- BA/BS/BPS or higher in chemistry, physics, food processing, engineering, microbiology, biology or similar field
- Minimum of one year relevant professional experience; 3-5 years preferred
- Demonstrable ability to apply general analytical and problem-solving skills to food systems
- Comfort with a fast-paced start-up environment and remote communication
- Bonus points for QA/QC or sensory experience
If you’re interested in this position, please send your resume/cv and cover letter to email@example.com with the following subject line: “Full Name – Food Research Associate II”
New Age Meats is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.