New Age Meats is a Berkeley-based cultivated meat company.
We create delicious meat made from animal cells instead of animal slaughter — healthier for humans, animals, and the Earth.
We need people to help combine cell biology with plant-based ingredients to create delicious food for the world to eat. You will work alongside others in a food research lab and kitchen, helping to create and bring a food product to market. You will move into pure technological whitespace and shape the future of food and health by addressing humanity’s biggest challenges.
- Evaluating material properties of food ingredients
- Developing and implementing methods to measure existing foods
- Researching literature and prior art to aid in solving new problems
- Use of lab instrumentation like texture analyzer, rheometer, moisture analyzer, etc.
- Working in a professional kitchen environment: handwashing, knife safety, dishes, etc.
- Iterating recipes using spreadsheets and electronic systems
- Analyzing and interpreting data
- Design of experiments and optimizing proposed procedures
- Producing food material for tasting and evaluation
- Conducting sensory and perception tests
- Coordinating external lab tests
- Maintaining a food-safe working environment: wiping down surfaces, sanitizing surfaces and utensils, proper refrigeration and storage, etc.
- BA/BS/BPS or higher in food science, culinary science, sensory science, chemistry, physics, food processing, food engineering, microbiology, biology or similar field
- 1 year experience in a research project, or 1-5 years relevant professional experience
- Demonstrable ability to apply general analytical and problem solving skills to food systems
- Comfort with a fast paced start-up environment and remote communication
- Bonus points for pilot scale, QA/QC, plant engineering, or sensory experience
If you’re interested in this position, please send your resume/cv and cover letter to email@example.com with the following subject line: “Full Name – Food Research Associate/Technician.”
New Age Meats is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.