New Age Meats is a Berkeley-based cultivated meat company.
We create delicious meat made from animal cells instead of animal slaughter — healthier for humans, animals, and the Earth.
We have an immediate need for a multifaceted bioengineer with a strong drive to improve the world. You will support the bioprocessing R&D activities of the bioengineering department to validate methods, materials, and/or hardware to refine the bioprocess for cultivated meat. You will apply techniques and experiences from other fields (cell therapy, regenerative medicine, biologics manufacturing) to shape the future of food and health.
- Feeding and passaging mammalian reactor cultures – weekends are required
- Validating bioprocess methods, reagents, or hardware
- Evaluating microcarrier formulations
- Optimizing standard molecular and cell biology analytical techniques
- Rigorously recording and analyzing data
- MSc with 2 years of industry experience (or BSc/BEng with 4 years) in tissue engineering, material science, or biomedical engineering
- Mammalian reactor culture, preferably stem cells
- Experimental design and analysis
- Attention to detail
- Ability to rapidly troubleshoot biology, hardware, and software
- Comfort with a fast-paced start-up environment and remote communication
- Must be authorized to work in the US
- Industry experience operating bioreactors for cell therapy
- Tissue engineering with a wide variety of animal-origin free materials
- Assay development
- Analysis with ImageJ, Minitab, R, JMP, or other
- Programming in Python or C
- Video production with DaVinci Resolve (brownie points for this one)
If you’re interested in this position, please send your resume/cv and cover letter to email@example.com with the following subject line: “Full Name – Bioengineer.”
New Age Meats is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.